How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
Vaginal odor is a common problem among women and once or twice in their life, it must have been happened. Nothing would be happened without any specific reason, there is always a disturbance in something going in a right way but suddenly it goes wrong due to the problem creating by different substances. So therefore, the vaginal odor is also due to the plenty of reasons such as yeast infection, poor hygiene, bacterial growth, hormonal changes and sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS.
If the vaginal odor is because of the infections so that there you may notice the symptoms such as redness, itching and burning sensation in that area. The odor is just like a fishy odor and the main cause of this odor is the bacterial vaginosis. So we are here to sort out your problem by helping you giving the natural remedies that are so much powerful in treating the vaginal odor. So there you go:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the all-rounder for all skin problems. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties so that it can be helpful in killing the bacteria and reduce the infections and toxic materials present in the body and thus the odor will be gone easily. If you want to use a simple method so what you are going to do is just take a bath with this apple cider vinegar directly.
- In a tub of warm water, mix two cups of apple cider vinegar and soak your body in it for about 20 minutes. Follow the remedy certain times a week to get the quicker results.
- You can also drink a glass of water mixed with two tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another remedy for getting rid of vaginal odor and it also maintains the pH level of your body.
- In a bath water, add one-half cup of baking soda.
- Soak your lower body in it for 20 minutes.
- After that, dry out your body with clean towel. This remedy is very good to fight against the yeast infection so that the odor will go settled.
Yogurt contains good bacteria so it may be considered as the good ingredient to reduce the vaginal odor. Yogurt contains lactobacillus bacteria which help in killing the candida infection (one of the most common cause of vaginal odor). It restores the normal vaginal pH level.
- Try to eat two cups at least of yogurt but make sure that it should be plain in nature. You can also take probiotic supplements.
- Soak a tampon in plain yogurt and insert this into your vagina for few hours. Rinse off the area after removing the tampon.
4. White Vinegar
White vinegar has the ability to neutralize the vaginal odor by breaking down the odor proteins. It will be good if you wash your vagina with white vinegar as it will be helpful to restore the pH levels in the vagina.
- Add one-half cups of each white vinegar and salt in the lukewarm bath water.
- Soak your body in this for few minutes.
- Follow the remedy certain times a week.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has the strong antifungal as well as antiseptic properties thus it is a very good substance to kill the nasty and unbearable vaginal odor. The tea tree oil helps fight against the bacteria that are the main problem of producing the vaginal odor.
- In a cup of water, add three drops of tea tree oil. Use this solution to rinse off the affected part of your body daily for several times in a week.
- Optionally, you can dip a tampon in olive oil and then in the tea tree oil. Insert this dipped tampon inside your vagina and leave it for at least one hour. Do this procedure several times in a week.
Garlic is the best natural antibiotic ingredient and can be properly deal with the vaginal infections and vaginal odor too. The antifungal properties found in the garlic are best known for the purpose of fighting against the yeast infection and helps your body to get rid of bad bacteria.
- Eat garlic on the daily basis either in the form of raw or cooked on an empty stomach with a glass of warm water. Try to add garlic in your daily cooked food and salads.
- Another thing you may do is put a piece of garlic in the vagina for one hour or two hours. Do this remedy for few times a week until you notice the odor is gone.
Fenugreek is the highly beneficial for women’s health. When you are taking the fenugreeks on the daily basis then you will have the regular menstrual cycles and it also promotes the hormonal balance.
- Soak at least two tsp of fenugreek seeds in one cup of water before sleeping. In the next morning, strain the water and drink this water on an empty stomach.
- You can also chew the fenugreek seeds and can make a fenugreek tea. To prepare this tea, all you have to do is just boil one tsp of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water, strain the solution and drink it two times in a day.
8. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is also commonly called as amla and it can be used to get rid of an unpleasant vaginal odor. Indian gooseberry is a natural blood purifier and organic cleanser so that it can control the infections that are the cause of vaginal odor.
At some extent, Indian gooseberry is also used to control the problematic leucorrhoea (thick discharge from the vagina).
So you have to regularly eat the Indian gooseberry, either in a raw form or mixed in the pickles, as a amla powder, as a juice or else how do u like.
9. Indian Lilac (Neem)
Neem is scientifically called as Indian lilac and it contains antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Neem is used to fight against the several vaginal infections and vaginal odor as well.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in a pan of water.
- Strain the solution and allow it to cool properly.
- Use this solution to rinse the vaginal area daily for few weeks.
10. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits have acidic properties through which you can take benefits. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting the immune system, fights with the vaginal odor and infections and remove the harmful substances out of your body.
If you have a strong immune system, you will definitely stay away from the harmful bacteria that are the main cause of vaginal odor. The citrus fruits will also treat the urinary tract infections.
Citrus fruits are grapes, oranges, lemons, cranberries, pineapples, grapefruits, sweet lime, etc.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to flush out the toxic substances out of your body. It will be settled down the variety of health issues.
- Avoid sugary drinks, sodas, refined carbohydrates and caffeine.
- Check the signs of infection that are actually the cause of this problem.
- Maintain the proper hygiene.
- Always wear 100 percent cotton panties that can allow the air to keep the vulva ventilated.
- Change the pads, tampons, and panty-liners frequently.
- Avoid the use of scented products.
- Try to practice safe sex.