How to Get Smooth, Clear and Glowing Skin at Home
Who does not want to have a beautiful clear and spotless skin, every woman wants to get the picture-perfect, flawless and clear skin that is the most important element of her beauty. Healthy skin always makes you feel fresh and smooth.
To take care of your skin, you have to focus on your lifestyle and habits and about the products you are going to be choosing for your skin care routine and regimen. These two things matters a lot if you prefer to stay happy with that. Some of the factors are there that depend upon the dull texture and bad quality of your skin are lack of sleep, lots of stress, pollution, nutrition, damage due to UV sunrays, excessive smoking and drinking alcohol.
There are approximately thousands of different skin care products easily available in the market to get clear and glowing skin. But sometimes, these products are a kind of disaster for your skin as they never give you any benefit but make your skin dull and unhealthy. So instead of using those harsh products, you can try natural ingredients that are present at home that will improve the overall health of your skin. So here are the remedies given below:
Lemon is one of the best ingredients for your skin problems. As there is a citric acid found in lemon so it helps in clearing out the skin by removing the dead cells and vitamin C that reduces the dark spots. Lemon also contains bleaching properties which improves the skin complexion.
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze the juice then apply on your face and neck.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- After that, rub your skin using cucumber slices as it will soften it up and keep it moisturized.
- Do this remedy daily for every other day.
- Another thing you can do for exfoliation is mix two tsp of lemon juice and two tsp of sugar together. Now apply this mixture on your face, neck and hands.
- Scrub like a circular manner and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and follow the remedy once a week and you will see the beautiful and glowing skin.
Turmeric contains skin-lightening properties and is a great antiseptic ingredient that helps in minimizing the pores and scars on your face. Turmeric eliminates the allergic reactions and infectious disorders of your skin that are responsible for your dull and lifeless skin.
- Take one tbsp. of turmeric powder and mix it with the enough pineapple juice.
- This will form like a paste so you have to apply it on your face and neck.
- Now leave it for some minutes so that it becomes completely dry.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow the remedy three times a week to reduce the spots and marks on your skin.
- Alternatively, you can mix equal amounts of turmeric powder and gram flour adding a little water or milk. Now apply this on your face until it dries out. Rinse it off with lukewarm water along with scrubbing your skin gently in a circular manner.
- Follow the remedy once a week to lighten up your skin tone and remove scars.
Honey is a good moisturizer that has antibacterial properties which fight against the skin infection and keep it all day long moisturized and soft. It also gives you a clear complexion.
- Apply raw honey directly on your skin.
- Let it dry naturally then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- The water content present in honey will keep your skin moisturized and make it soft and supple.
- Do this remedy once daily.
- Another option you can do is to mix two tsp of milk and one tsp of honey.
- Add one tsp of gram flour and mix it well. Now apply it all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Now rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this face mask once a week to enjoy clear and healthy skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has lots of benefits regarding the skin care routine. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that kill the bacteria and acne. It keeps your skin moisturized and soothing. Its astringent properties help in clearing out the scars and stimulating the growth of new cells.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Apply this gel directly on your face with the help of a cotton ball.
- Allow it to dry on its own about half an hour then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily for few weeks.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps in balancing the pH levels of the skin that is the key point in having the clear, spotless and beautiful skin. It contains mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that deal with the problems like spots, pimples and acne. It also works as an exfoliating agent to keep your skin free from radicals, impurities and dirt.
- Make a paste by mixing one tsp of baking soda and one tsp of water or lemon juice.
- Cleanse your face by applying this paste and gently exfoliate the skin.
- Rinse out with lukewarm water then pat dry with a towel.
- Follow the remedy three times a week.
- Alternatively, mix one tsp of each baking soda and raw honey then apply onto your face.
- Now give a gentle massage for one minute.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water then finally, splash some cold water on your face to close the pores.
- Follow the remedy once a week.
Cucumbers are wonderful for your skin care regimen. It has hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties that are good to keep your skin healthy and flawless. It repairs the damaged cells of your skin and adds a fresh glow.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into thick slices, rub them on your face.
- Leave it overnight then rinse it off with warm water in the morning.
- Do this remedy daily before sleeping.
- Alternatively, you can make a mixture of equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on your skin then let it dry completely. Now wash it off with warm water.
- Do the remedy daily.
Papaya is used to improve the texture of your skin and maintain its health. Due to having bleaching properties, papaya removes the scars and makes it spotless. An enzyme called papain is present in the papaya which contains antibacterial properties and has an ability to heal the wounds on the skin.
- Take a ripe papaya and chop it into small pieces.
- Combine the papaya with one tsp of sandalwood powder and honey.
- Now grind these ingredients into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck then leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with cool water and pat dry.
- At last, apply rose water on your face.
- Follow this remedy once a week.
Walnuts are also proved to be great for the skin as it brings a beautiful glow to your dull and lifeless skin. It has antioxidants that can repair the damaged cells and promotes the healthy skin. Walnut can be used in the powdered form to exfoliate your skin.
- Make a paste by mixing two tsp of walnut powder and two tbsp. of plain yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck.
- Scrub the mixture all around your face when it becomes dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this mask once a week.
- Another option soak at least three walnuts in water for overnight.
- In the morning, mix one tsp of rose water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it for an hour.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and follow the remedy once a week.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants that are useful in preventing the free radical activity that is the most important cause behind the dull and unhealthy skin. It contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that help in maintaining the clear skin. Coconut oil keeps your skin moisturized for the long time as it penetrates under the tissues of your skin.
- Gently warm some quantity of coconut oil in a microwave.
- Apply this warm oil on your face, neck and hands.
- Massage it for 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy once daily.
Mint contains an ingredient called menthol that has cooling and soothing properties which keeps your skin glowing and healthy. It also contains wonderful healing properties that fight against the infection.
- Put one tsp of mint powder and one tbsp. of plain yogurt and fuller’s earth in a bowl.
- Set it aside for half an hour so that all the ingredients can be well-soaked.
- Stir it to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this face pack on your face and neck.
- Leave it for few minutes that it dries completely.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this face mask once a week.